In The News
DGS News Focus
General DGS News Headlines
- Vendors Invited to DGS Open House (Feb. 27, 2006 )
The Department of General Services' Central Procurement Unit invites interested vendors to participate in an Open House on Wednesday, March 1st, 2006 at the Monroe Building Conference Room D & E, 101 North 14th Street, Richmond, VA from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m..
- Governor Kaine drops in on General Services (Jan 27, 2006)
Last week Governor Kaine visited the Department of General Services to see how things were going and to get a better idea of the many diverse programs and projects the Department spearheads.
- New Artist Rendering of Capital Extension (Dec 19, 2005)
A new artist rendering of the Capitol extension provides Virginians with a realistic sample of what to expect once the Capitol's extension is completed.
- Virginia Sets Energy Program in Motion (Dec 6, 2005)
Governor Mark R. Warner has announced three significant actions by the state government and private sector to help low-income Virginians bracing for significant and unexpected increases in winter home energy prices.
- Finance Building Rededicated as Oliver W. Hill, Sr. Building (Oct 28, 2005)
Governor Mark R. Warner officially dedicated a newly renovated building in Virginia's Capitol Square in honor if Oliver W. Hill, Sr. one of the leading advocates of civil rights who played a role in the historic landmark case of Brown vs. the Board of Education.
- Doing Our Part: The DGS Commitment During Hurricanes Katrina, Ophelia, & Rita (Sept 23, 2005)
As the effects of Hurricane Rita advance through the Gulf States the Department of General Services (DGS) would like to update you on how DGS is responding to these natural disasters and to reassure you about our commitment to the efficient use of the Commonwealth's resources.
- Procurement Forum Offers Opportunities to Virginia Business (Sept 21, 2005)
This November at the Annual Public Procurement Forum Virginia businesses will have the opportunity to inform and educate procurement professionals throughout the Commonwealth about the products and services their business provides.
- Patrick Henry Building Renovation Wins Best Project Award (Sept 21, 2005)
The Department of General Services renovation of the Patrick Henry building wins top honors in Mid-Atlantic Construction magazine's Best of 2005 awards program.
- Virginia Responds: Helping Victims of Hurricane Katrina (Sept 9, 2005)
How can Virginians help the victims of Hurricane Katrina?.
- Old Capitol, New Look (Aug 27, 2005)
The West Wing of the Virginia State Capitol displays a new look after the tarp and scaffolding was removed in late August.
- Commonwealth on call for Employees 24/7 (Aug 27, 2005)
Beginning September, the Department of General Services' (DGS) Office of Fleet Management Services (OFMS) will manage a new Vehicle Management Control Center (VMCC) with an onsite call center.