Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services
The Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services (DCLS) offers a wide variety of analytical services to support state programs. These include:
- Complete analytical testing services for state, federal, and local agencies and governments, as well as testing of a full range of other samples such as gasoline, animal feeds and fertilizers, lottery tickets, and blood specimens from all Virginia infants;
- Examination of human specimens for evidence of outbreaks and emerging infectious diseases;
- Supporting the environmental protection activities for the Department of Environmental Quality;
- Testing agricultural products to assure quality for the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
- Testing commercial products purchased by Virginia agencies to assure that they meet the appropriate regulations; and
- Emergency laboratory support for local, state and federal agencies responding to criminal acts or events that threaten health, agriculture, and the environment.
For more information on DCLS, click here.